Thursday, February 10, 2011

Connecticut Museum Quest!

I wanted to post a brief note about this great website I heard about today on the Colin McEnroe show, which is incidentally one of the best things on NPR. The website is CTmuseumquest.com, and it's literally full of great things to do, eat, and explore in Connecticut.

Now, to the bragging. I wrote an email to the man who runs this website, Stephen Wood, to let him in on the greatness that is the Auncient Oak tree in Bethlehem. For those of you who don't know, the Auncient Oak tree, located on Auncient Oak Road (crazy, right?) is supposedly the "second largest tree in CT!" I have no proof of this, but I mean, come on, the street's named after it, so it has to be true, right?

Anyway, if you drive down this road (where my friends the Crane family reside), and look into the woods as you're passing by houses, you will suddenly see this colossal oak tree. I'm not kidding, this tree stops you in your tracks. There is no posting that I'm aware of to indicate this tree, it's just sort of there.

I figured it was worth mentioning to Mr. Wood (it just hit me how appropriate it is that I emailed a Stephen WOOD about an OAK TREE), since he apparently lives for this stuff, and who am I kidding, so do I.

The following was his PERSONAL EMAIL RESPONSE! I sort of feel like I'm a tween getting a response from Justin Bieber right now.


From: ctmuseumquest@gmail.com
To: LFeller1@hotmail.com

This is great, thanks!

(And I do NOT mean to sound like a pompous jerk, but honestly, yours is the first email I've gotten in a long, long time telling me about something I had never heard about before.)

I wish I had a prize or something to give you.

thanks for reading,

Steve


~

There you have it folks, Steve wishes he could give me a prize. Well, guess what? He just did!

(Cue sappy sitcom music, and freeze a picture of me and Steve in a giddy chuckle).

No comments:

Post a Comment